First, two Friday's ago was Mother's Tea day for the 4-5 year VPK class. So, only mothers are invited and they spend a special day with the kids. When I first showed up at the school, Jaden came out of his class and greeted me with a beautiful carnation and said, "Welcome to the Tea Party" with so much excitement, I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. It was too cute! Then we had a picture taken together in his class. I headed to the waiting area where they posted this for each child/mommy:
Monday, April 25, 2011
Two Great Days in Preschool
I have had a pretty good couple of days at the kids' preschool! Lots of fun things going on.
First, two Friday's ago was Mother's Tea day for the 4-5 year VPK class. So, only mothers are invited and they spend a special day with the kids. When I first showed up at the school, Jaden came out of his class and greeted me with a beautiful carnation and said, "Welcome to the Tea Party" with so much excitement, I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. It was too cute! Then we had a picture taken together in his class. I headed to the waiting area where they posted this for each child/mommy:
Too funny! Each of the kids had a very funny "fact" about their mommy! After we had a chance to read what our kids think about us, we were moved into the sanctuary where the kids came in holding banners that said Mom and were individually decorated. They sang a song about why they love their mommy, recited a poem and then sang a second song. Of course....I cried! After the performance, we joined our kids in the reception area and had tea. Jaden had made a hand drawn "portrait" of mommy, made me a bracelets and we had fruit kabobs, cucumber sandwiches and punch. At the end we each got a cupcake handmade by Jaden! It was such a special day and one I'll never forget!
The following Monday was the Easter party in Brynna class! How cute! She is in the 2 year-old program. Half the class is 2 and half is 3. They were so good (for the most part). I helped them with and art project in which they glued tissue paper to an egg shaped page. Then the kids had "snack." It was very special because they each got an individual cup of ice cream WITH sprinkles! About this time, Brynna started to melt-down and did not want me to leave her side! I felt bad because of course I wanted to hold her, but the other kids' didn't have their mommies so I tried not to hold her too much! The other mom helping was able to read a story to the kids, but when it was my turn to read, Brynna was NOT having it! She threw a major fit and started crying so I couldn't read. At the end of the party was dance time. They played 3 different songs and the kids all danced along (except Brynna). It was really cute and I was glad I got to go in the class...just wish I could have seen Brynna shake it a little! :) Excuse the picture quality...of course I forgot my camera again so I had to grab a disposable one!
First, two Friday's ago was Mother's Tea day for the 4-5 year VPK class. So, only mothers are invited and they spend a special day with the kids. When I first showed up at the school, Jaden came out of his class and greeted me with a beautiful carnation and said, "Welcome to the Tea Party" with so much excitement, I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. It was too cute! Then we had a picture taken together in his class. I headed to the waiting area where they posted this for each child/mommy:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jayden's paper about you is hilarious! Who knew you were your silliest while you were sleeping :)
Post a Comment