Monday, July 15, 2013

Pigs in Indiana

Wow did we have so much fun in Indiana this summer!  I got to take the kids up to Indiana to visit with Aunt Shelly and the whole family!  We FINALLY got to get up to Owensville to see the Pig show.  Chelsea and Blake were the only two to compete this year, but I couldn't miss it!

Let me start by saying, I know nothing about pigs.  But did I learn! We got in on Tuesday and went straight to Nanny Rella's (hope I'm spelling that right) to see 2 of the pigs that weren't in the show.  Jaden LOVED them.  Brynna, well she was too scary of the sweetest dogs you would ever meet.  Jaden got to 'water' one of the pigs.
They do showmanship, they have class shows, they have auctions...it was so awesome to be there!  The kids were, well not bad! :)  I was so thrilled to be there to see both Chelsea and Blake win best in class.  It was so exciting for me.  I personally thought their 2 should have gotten 1st and 2nd, but no such luck.  I guess it has something to do with the kind of the pig the judge likes best.  Of course, I didn't follow any etiquette at the show...I was yelling and talking and pacing and just a mess, but it was so exciting!



We also got to spend some really fun time with the family.  All the kids were slip n sliding and splashing in the pool and running around like general hooligans!  On the night of auction we also went to the fair.  Brynna and Jaden were beside themselves!  They had so much fun and so did Blake, Gracie, Ally and Lilly!  It was a little stressful as both Jaden and Brynna finally decided to get crabby at this time, but they got over it and eventually Jaden rode the zipper a MILLION times with Blake and Brynna just had fun with her cousins!  I got to have some alone time with my big sister as well so all was right with the world.

If only this happened every month...



No comments: