Wednesday, June 1, 2011

An evening of Hockey

So, I don't know if I mentioned, but Jaden is OBSESSED with Hockey. No, seriously he's obsessed!!!  This is a typical night at our house...
About 2 weeks ago Daddy decided to buy NHL Slapshot for the Wii and now several times a day Jaden is begging to play.  I guess his obsession started at about the beginning of the playoffs when the Penguins were playing the Lightning.  Jaden wanted to watch every night and asked Gordon all sorts of questions.  Soon, we realized he was remembering players (on both teams) and keeping track of the score.  Before we knew it, he started asking everyone (including strangers) who they wanted to win, the Penguins or the Lightning.  Once the Penguins were out, Jaden wanted any team playing the Lightning to win. There was a lot of talk about the Bruin Bostons (so cute) around this house.  Of course, if you ask the Penguins are still his team!  When you ask Jaden what he wants to be when he grows up, he'll tell you, "I want to be a hockey player for the Penguins so we can beat all the teams!"  I've taken him ice skating a few times and he starts his official lessons next Wednesday.  He even spent over an hour this past Saturday playing with his little hockey set we got him 2 years ago for his birthday.  I'm serious when I say he's obsessed.  I can't wait to see if this is what he sticks with because he really loves it!
Now the unfortunate little things coming out of this obsession is that he's becoming a bit of a sore winner and loser and is getting VERY competitive.  He likes to rub it in a little when he wins so we've been working on that a little.  Part of it is just excitement and part of it is age!  It's cute mostly, but sometimes not so much.  Even walking up the stairs he tries to beat us and he'll make up random score for random things to show that he's won.  For nothing really, we'll just be sitting there and he'll say, "Mommy I have 10 and you have 1."  My little hockey boy...I do love it!

No comments: