Sunday, June 12, 2011

Brynna is 3!

It's been a week now, but Brynna's 3rd birthday weekend was a lot of fun!  She had been looking forward to her birthday for MONTHS!!!  We were on a big countdown so when we finally got to it, she was thrilled! :)  The fun started Saturday with her big birthday party.  Since we had Jaden's 5th party with a bounce house that's what she wanted.  A princess bounce house party it was!  She helped me make "surprises" for all of her friends.  Brynna wanted to pick out everything for the party including the princess cake that she helped me make!

We had 15 or more little kiddos running around for this party.  She had the princess bounce house and we setup a small blowup pool at the bottom of the slide of the swingset.  With all this fun, Gordon and I totally spaced on getting many pictures!  We got a few, but this was the only bounce house shot and it was before any of her friends got there (I'm hoping one of our friends got a few more):

We got some videos too, but we were able to capture some good moments.  For example, while I was out handling a blowup pool malfunction, Brynna told the adults inside that I said she could open her presents, so I walked in the house to this...
I guess at least she was nice enough to let her little friends help her! :)  So, it was a little tough figuring out who got what, but I suppose it was her party and that was part of the entertainment.  Speaking of, I better get to those thank yous!  The girls all gave up on the bounce house after a bit and went upstairs to play with Brynna's new loot and play in the kitchen.  The older boys spent the ENTIRE time out in the bounce house.  After the bounce house fun, it was time for cake.  Brynna sang happy birthday to herself and just LOVED being the center of attention.  We had cake and cupcakes that Brynna helped make.  I had to warn everyone to lookout for eggshells!
After the party, we spent some time as a family jumping around in the bounce house.  The kids loved it and actually so did Mommy and Daddy.
Sunday was actually Brynna's birthday and it turned out to be a little like Christmas morning because she opened her gifts right after she woke up!  I wrapped them and put them in the dining room not expecting her to find them, but I was wrong.  So, we just let her open them.  Brynna loves her surprises as she calls them.  We saved the best for last and right before lunch, we headed outside for this:
She really took to riding a bike.  It only took maybe a half an hour of working with her and she was off!  Nana came over for lunch and we had subway (Brynna's request), opened presents from Nana and ate her second cake of the week.
It was such a fun weekend!  We ended it pepperoni pizza at Mellow Mushroom so the kids could watch them toss the dough and everyone was pretty much pooped!  Of course, we didn't forget our tradition of the family photo with the cake!

I can't believe my little girl is 3!  She's getting so big and so independent.  It's such a happy and sad thought at the same time!  She is sooo smart!  Really, I know a lot of parents say that, but I really think she is.  Sometimes, she's a little too smart for her own good.  Brynna just loves her girly things.  She loves babies and taking care of them and cooking in her kitchen and makup!  She can also be pretty rough and tumble out in the yard with Jaden and his friends.  Brynna has her tough moments, don't get me wrong.  She can throw a good fit and have quite a little attitude and she loves to stir up trouble with Jaden! She can be such a little sweety too!  When Brynna is loving on you, there is just nothing like it in the world!  Mommy loves you Banana!

No comments: