Monday, September 29, 2008

Cucumbers round 2 and some carrots

Jaden and I were so proud of our little cucumbers! 7 of them had sprouted and had a few leafs and life was good! We went ahead and planted our onions because obviously mommy has a green thumb! Well well well...I got a little too confident! Saturday we headed out the aquarium to take advantage of Swaptember with our zoo passes. We had a fun day! We got to see the penguin promenade (2 little guy penguins got really close to Jaden), touched an anemone, touched a sea star, and played in the spray park at the aquarium. We got home and I was on the phone and looked out the window to check out the cucumbers. GONE!! WHAT!!!! Some critter ate ALL OF OUR CUCUMBERS! Ahhh, I was heartbroken. I might have cried, but I pulled myself together. Luckily, they were only about 2 weeks old, so I decided to buck up and plant more! This time, I only planted 2. Hopefully both will take even thought that will still be way too many cucumbers for just our family.

In addition to our cucumbers and onions, today we planted also planted carrots. I planted 16 seeds and I'll thin those out as soon as they sprout up.


So, now we have 4-12 days until our cucumber germinate and 50-55 days until we can eat them! The carrots take a bit longer and will take 8-12 days to germinate and 77 days until we can eat them. Luckily we already have a few days on the onion (we planted then September 17), but they have already sprouted and so far so good! We'll have about 170 days total until we can eat them. I know this is a lot of info, but I'm sort of using this blog as my Garden Diary too!

There are pictures to come, but for now I hear little Miss Brynna so I must run. Also, more to come on the kiddos soon!

No comments: