It seems like I haven't had much to say about Jaden lately so here we go!First and foremost, he is a big boy now! Yesterday while at Target we were getting Brynna in the cart and went to get Jaden up in the basket and he said, "I'm a big boy, I don't need to ride in the cart." So cute...although not entirely true as he started taking off in a mad sprint down the aisle! I've also discovered how well he can dress himself! I swear I have the laziest 3 1/2 year old! Every morning he wants us to dress him even though I know he can do it himself. He got himself a haircut yesterday and I went to take off his clothes and he said, "Mommy, I do it myself." I'm so excited that he's doing all of this on his own, but it's a little sad at the same time! As Jaden said, he's a big boy now! :(
I think probably the funniest (and maybe a tad inappropriate, but not really for a boy) is the fact that he LOVES to pee outside! Every time we go swimming he wants to go pee in the mulch. So, before and after swimming he heads out there. Well, yesterday we were doing some yard work and chatting with a neighbor out front and Jaden said he had to go pee. We said ok and off he went to his usual spot near the back of the house. We look back there and there was this very high stream! Funny!
Gordon and I have not been especially fond of our screaming and puking rambunctious cats lately, but there's not chancing it! Jaden loves his kitties. His favorite is Duce, the orange cat. Every day he runs down all his kitties and what they look like and do. Lemieux is the fat kitty, Zuli runs, and Ducey Duce is his favorite!
Ahhh the music! I'm pretty sure Jaden is obsessed with music! His favorite used to be rockstar, but I'm pretty sure that has been replaced. Now, he LOVES Burgher music (as he calls it). Gordon has a cd of Pittsburgh songs that Jaden has to listen to every time we get in his car. He also likes a little Carrie Underwood. That's what he wants to listen to in my car. It was playing at Cafe Kiln when we went to make Gordon his father's day gift (which I called a surprise) so now he always says, "I want to listen to music for Daddy's surprise (only he says urprise)." Finally...BOOM BOOM POW! We really only hear this one on the radio, but he loves his boom boom music!
Lately Jaden likes to say various body parts don't work in order to get out of doing something. For example, if we tell him to eat his dinner, he says his hands don't work. If we say sing your ABCs he says his mouth doesn't work. The other day we were all just playing in the living room and we asked him to blow kisses to Brynna and he said his arm didn't work, but then he pulled something else out. He "opened" the battery cover on his arm, took the dead batteries out, put fresh batteries in and then said his arm worked and blew kisses! It was hysterical!!!




1 comment:
He is a big boy now, growing so fast...thanks for the latest post Steph...I love reading your posts and seeing the pictures XO
Post a Comment