Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's Been a While!

Exciting news in the family….I’M AN AUNT…AGAIN!!! My little cutie pie nephew Jackson Craig Edwards was born February 12th at 7:11pm. He weighed 8 lbs. 8 oz and 21 ½ inches long. He’s just gorgeous with the best head of black hair. I’m very proud! Brynna and I were able to fly up there the night he was born. It was so exciting and emotional seeing my baby sister Courtney with her beautiful boy. Of course, this makes me want to be up there so much now so I can hold him and snuggle him. 2 nieces and 1 nephew in less than 13 months…not too shabby! :)

Oh, there is no way I can forget to mention that my twin nieces are 1! January 19th…I can’t believe it because it seems like just a week ago my sister told me she was pregnant with twins and like yesterday that I flew up there to meet them. Now they are 1. They are such cuties too! My sisters sure make some good looking kids!

Alright, on to the Scott Family! Get ready for a long one!

SUPERBOWL! Yay! Well, anyone who knows us knows that the Steelers making it to the Super Bowl in Tampa meant there was no way we wouldn’t be there! It was very cool to be able to go to the Super Bowl. Gordon helped setup a huge tailgate with Steeler fans coming form all over the county! The game was really cool, but nearly very upsetting. Gordon and I sat in a sea of Cardinal fans so that got pretty rough. The end made it all worth it!

Oh Jaden…so everyone who said that 3s were worse than 2s IS RIGHT! :) Jaden was a bit rambunctious before, but it seems that the day he turned 3 he hit a whole new level. Now it’s certainly not all bad…actually it’s starting to get a little better. Jaden loves his little sister. We have called her Banana since the beginning because that’s how Jaden pronounced her name, but a few weeks ago he said, “That not banana, me eat banana, that baby sister!” Haha! One of the funniest things he does he say me instead of I. He’s growing out of that now, but for the longest time it was me hungry, me awake, me tired, me don’t want that. It’s very cute hearing him talk. Today I accidentally forgot to put a pull-up on him for naptime and he came out after his nap and said, “I am here mommy and me peed!” We’re getting there!

This week has been an interesting week because Gordon has been out of town since Sunday afternoon an doesn’t get back until Friday so I’ve been on my own with the kiddos. While Jaden and I were taking at dinner, I asked him what he wants to be when he gets bigger and he said a doctor boy to fix the peoples at the doctor’s office and grocery store. Then while we were playing later he said, “Mommy me a doctor so I need to fix you.” I asked him what was wrong with me and he said my eye was broken, so he touched my eye and said all better. My little doctor boy!

Oh yeah, I know this is a bit outdated but I just wanted to say how good my little man is doing using the potty! That’s a big deal around here and lately he just has had very few accidents. I think we’re close to no pull-ups at nap time! Very exciting!!!

I think Jaden is doing so well with his letters these days. He’s been able to recognize and tell me every letter for 6 months now, but I still feel so proud every time we are out and about and he reads letters to me. Yesterday we were at Publix getting a treat and Jaden goes, “B – A – K – E – R – Y, what’s that say mommy?” I told him it said Bakery and he asked what that was. So we had a little conversation about that. The latest thing he’s been doing is writing letters! That’s been going on for several weeks now. I think he can write T, I, H, Y, O and maybe a couple more. He knows all his numbers now too and counts things all the time. I haven’t the slightest clue if he’s on track, ahead or behind, but all I can say is that I am one proud Mommy!

Our Brynna Banana is crawling like crazy! She started crawling officially December 28th on Jaden’s birthday at Grandma’s house. For a long time she did more of an army crawl, but then early February she got up on her hands and hasn’t stopped since! She’s quick too! The gates are back out and the cat food has been moved. When she sees that stuff she runs right for it! Cat food and paper are her favorite treats! Seriously, this kid eats more paper before we can get to her! The other day she was in the bathroom with Jaden and I caught her trying to eat toilet paper. She had it all rolled out off the roll and was tearing it apart! Nice!

Ooo, another milestone…she stands on EVERYTHING! On January 19th, she pulled herself up on the couch and now that’s definitely what she prefers. Her favorite place is standing up at one of the 3 little pianos we have in the living room. Of course, this means several more bumps and bruises, but that’s all part of it I suppose. She also started clapping on Feb 10th although she had tried a few times before that’s when she got the hands together. Now any time we say yay, she starts clapping. I LOVE IT! She’s so cute with her big brown eyes looking up at you with that big ole smile. Plus, she has two little teeth sticking out the bottom. She got her first teeth on Feb 16th – I noticed on the plane on the way back from meeting Jackson and seeing Courtney. She has done this funny thing where she chews on chins and this time it had an extra zing!
I’m pretty sure I can officially say Dadda is her first word. Today in the car I asked her where Dada was and she said “dadda” then we started saying dadadada back and forth to each other

Ok, that’s a good one (as Jaden would say). Time for this lady to hit the hay! Stay tuned and I’ll put pictures up later.

No comments: